WEEK six: The third eye CHAKRA ~ anja
Meditation: A simple, grounding meditation. We'll set an intention to trust & receive inner guidance, and chant Om.
1. Child's pose. A gentle pose for resetting. The forehead rests on the mat, stimulating the third eye with subtle pressure.
2. Hero Pose. As simple as this pose is, it helps relieve tired legs, increase circulation and improve posture. It's also a gentle stretch for the hips, thighs, ankles, and feet. Seated Yoga Mudra is another variation.
3. Eagle Pose. Eagle requires balance and concentration, so is activating for the third eye. If Eagle is too challenging, any balancing pose can be practiced instead.
Breathing: The Breath of Union, (Alternate Nostril Breathing). This breathing technique integrates the energy of the left and right brain, and activates the pineal gland. It's both stimulating and relaxing, and helps prime the mind/body for meditation.
*A quick, soothing daily practice: rub your hands together vigorously, and place them over your eyes for a minute or two. This eases tension in the eyes and the muscles around them.
Self Care: Look for activities that help shift your perspective. Spend time in nature. Take a long bath. Eat "Brain Food": foods that contain antioxidants and Omegas. Berries, plums, red cabbage, fish, and dark chocolate & wine (in moderation). As always, drink plenty of hot water with lemon, and water in general. Set yourself up to get plenty of rest this week.
As always, take it easy on yourself this week. I'm here if you need me. And thank you for being here!
I love you.
Write: This week, rather than three writing prompts and an activity, I'm combining all into two writing assignments.
1. Inner Wisdom Log: Throughout this week, jot down any fleeting thoughts, musings, random ideas, deja vu's, daydreams...the seemingly odd things that pass through your mind. Don't discount anything, no matter how peculiar or unimportant it may seem. Welcome the absurd & the out-of-the-box. Try not to judge, squelch, or edit them.
2. Dream Journal: It is possible, during a week spent focusing on the third eye, that you'll experience an increase in dreaming. Keep a journal and pen near your bed for writing down dream details. Write down as much as you can remember, as soon as you wake up. Important messages about ourselves, our lives, relationships, healing and purpose, are given to us in our dreams. It can be profound to look back at dream journals later, and see what has evolved and come to fruition that was foreshadowed in dreams!
Senses: Indigo is the color of the Third Eye chakra. LookChant the sound "OM/Aum". Essential oils that activate the third eye include sandalwood, myrrh, chamomile, nutmeg, grapefruit, rosemary. (This is just a short list. There are many more). Stones that support it: herkimmer diamond, lapis lazuli, amethyst, moldavite, apothelite (known as the reiki stone), labradorite, azurite, among others.